Duke Energy Payment Locations
I was tasked to design a flexible maps application that would become a new standard for our interactive maps. This is only one of the five different applications of this "boilerplate" map template. Goals for this design were to make it easy to use, interactive, and functional. I was the lead UX Designer for this project and worked closely with a front end developer to tweak the design throughout the development process as issues came up. View the wireframe to see interactions between the map "zoom levels."
Duke Energy Common Digital Platform promo video
Duke Energy has identified critical success factors for the map application design. To succeed, the web application must:
- Show users where the nearest payment location is located
- Allow users to navigate to their desired location
Critical Success Factors
Duke Energy has identified organizational goals for the application design. To succeed, the application must:
- Have the design be flexible enough to work with other interactive map applications
- Provide an easy to use application for Duke Energy Customers
The audiences’ core tasks and information goals fit into three main tasks.
- Find a payment location
- Find information pertaining to that location
- Get directions to that payment location